RWBY: Into Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: Into Shadows

The Grimm hordes ever encroach upon the kingdoms of Remnant, and it falls to academies such as Beacon to train the defenders of the realms.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiro-Otaku
Shiro-Otaku

Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy Empty
PostSubject: Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy   Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:43 am

In our own world. Mammals are gestated internally, and have to feed from the mother before birth, from the womb. Because of this need, developing mammalian babies are fed in the womb through an umbilical chord. Once born, the chord is severed, and the point of attachment is left with a naval passage, or belly button, for the rest of the mammal's life. The only mammal that this does not apply to is marsupials, whose young are born so early, they don't have a chance to feed from the mother, and instead merely attach to the mother's nipple for the majority of their infancy. This is also why marsupial mothers have a pouch, so to carry their young, until they are ready to feed themselves.
Normally, I wouldn't be explaining this to you, but there is one fact. Marsupial children DO NOT, have navels.

In the RWBY universe, we can look at Yang, who is a human, and whose outfit bears midriff. In some instances, it is seen that she does not have a navel, but in other shots, she does have one. Since it would be highly impractical for Monty to remodel that on and off, we can assume one of two things.

1. Monty actually has multiple models of Yang (perhaps one for purpose of combat, one for non combat), some with naval, some without.

2. The model of Yang has a naval, and the shots where it appears to be missing is light conflicting with the pale color of her model.

Which ever one of these may be true, it would appear that humans, in the rwby-verse, just as real humans, do have navels.

Faunus however, it appears, do not.

Looking at both the models for Blake and Sun, a Naval never seems to appear on either of their bodies, which may allude to a case that Faunus are born much like the marsupials on earth, or this can even be taken as far as Faunus are born externally, in eggs.

This case can also be furthered by looking at Sun's character model once again. His shirt is open enough, that shots from his side can see clear across his chest, with a small space between his skin and his shirt.
Many Male Mammals have non functioning nipples, because the fetus begins as a female by default. But some animal types on earth of the male variety, are born without nipples, since they serve no function on the male body.

Sun does not have any nipples on his model, which may simply be a show of modesty from Monty, or it may further the case that faunus are born more like animals and less like humans in the rwby-verse.

Let me know what you guys think <^^>
Back to top Go down
Brutus:Primus
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy   Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:14 am

You just blew my mind a bit, Shiro.
I'll never watch RWBY the same way again.
Never gonna look at Blake, Sun, or Velvet the same way, either.
My head is filled with thoughts, now..... Damn.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Shiro-Otaku
Shiro-Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy   Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:20 am

0w0. Yay.
But I think the clincher on this would be seeing if Velvet or another faunus has a navel as well. It would help determine if this is true.

Obviously I don't think that Faunus are born as eggs, but perhaps they do get born in a period shorter than humans, and then nurse for a longer period of time.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Site Founder
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy   Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:31 am

...This means Maria doesn't have a navel, if it's true. As well as any other Faunus character...

Back to top Go down
https://into-shadows-rwby.rpg-board.net
moonlitneko

PostSubject: Re: Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy   Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:30 am

The being born early is an interesting. When I think about Iden's mother, and Iulian, it would make a lot of sense why she abondoned him and such like. If Faunus have a premature birth period, then it would mean that she had him early and was not ready for him. However, would that apply to her, since she was 'human' and the father was a 'faunus'. Would the same rules apply to her?

It leaves a lot to question and think about. Interesting topic to bring up Shiro.
Back to top Go down
http://leopup13.deviantart.com/
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy   Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:17 am

Shiro needs an Achievement Unlocked, he brought up something that really made us think about stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy   Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faunus Infancy VS Human Infancy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: Into Shadows :: Welcome! :: Speculation-
Jump to: