RWBY: Into Shadows

The Grimm hordes ever encroach upon the kingdoms of Remnant, and it falls to academies such as Beacon to train the defenders of the realms.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Seri Novikov

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Seri Novikov   Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:06 am

Character Info

Name: Seri Novikov

Race: Human

Personality: Seri is a very spacey individual. He is quiet, keeps to himself, and usually answers in very few word responses. He is polite, well-mannered, and a good student. In a fighting situation, his eyes sharpen from their usual glossed-over look, but when he enters his Cold Rage state, his eyes will again return to their usual glossed-over appearance.

Appearance: Seri stands at an imposing 6'2" weighing in at 192lbs with a sturdy build and broad shoulders. He has blue eyes and short grey hair with a small braided ponytail. His gaze is usually distant and detached, mirroring his default personality. He wears his father's plate armor from the last great war and the same armor he used until he retired. This armor is a full set including boots, pauldrons, leg-mail, gauntlet gloves, and a shield. He also wears a mild chainmail beneath it to cover the gaps at the pivot joints.

Spoiler:

Representation: Wolf in Sheep's clothing

Color: Grey

Semblance: Cold Rage: It is a state Seri enters wherein his metabolic processes and reaction speed hyper-accelerate, his muscle mass constricts to 80% their size (causing him to speed up), and his nervous system pain receptors are deactivated. In this state, he becomes a cold and ruthless warrior. Over his 2 previous years at Beacon, he has been able to increase the duration of this state from 30 seconds with a 30 minute cool-down, to over 3 minutes with a 5 minute cool-down. In this state, Seri will pop his armor off, and fight more fiercely, like a wolf.

Emblem:

Bio: Seri was alone for most of his life. His father was usually fighting Grimm, while his mother died in child birth. The money his father sent back was enough for Seri to purchase food, clothes, and schooling so he was never left hungry. He became relatively independent early on, because of this and thus possesses the ability to cook, clean, and maintain a household. When his father retired, Seri was at the age to enroll into Signal. He did not want to become a huntsman, initially, but did so out of tradition and has since learned to live with it.

Equipment and Battle Info

Battle attire: Dust/Shock-resistant Plate Armor. It is lightweight enough that he can maneuver, but sturdy enough to take quite a few heavy blows before denting. Additionally, he carries a round shield that has similar capabilities as his weapon. It was his father's armor, which was his 'weapon' that he had crafted in his time as a Huntsman. The armor is lined with dust/shock resistant material and works symbiotically with the 'sonic' effect of Seri's weapon.

Fighting style: Seri is essentially a Sherman Tank (medium) of the battlefield. He's fast enough that he can keep up with most Grimm, and strong enough to duke it out with them. At close range, he will use Sonic Fang's orthodox fighting style (ax and shield stance), if he is in a battleground with rocks or loose soil, he will use the sonic effect create projectiles that are similar to a shotgun blast.

Weapon Name: Sonic Fang & Shield
Spoiler:

Weapon Range: Sonic Fang is 5 ft in length with a 2 ft cutting surface. The butt-end of the weapon has an effective range of a 3 ft cone.

Weapon type: Close/Mid. Slash/Impact

Weapon Description: Sonic Fang is a one-handed bardiche, marked for its proportionately large cutting edge. The 'sonic' aspect of the weapon is marked by the device at the butt of the weapon that is essentially a repulsion generator. His shield also possesses such a device.

Weapon Abilities: Sonic Fang can be used in a variety of ways outside of standard use. For instance, it can launch objects as projectiles, knock an opponent back with repulsion blasts, and for a charging technique, be locked into place behind a fixed groove in the shield and launch the user forward.

Misc. Info

Family: The Novikov family is a family line of Huntsmen wherein only the males are allowed to become fighters. His father, Issac, was an esteemed Huntsman, known for his toughness.

Strengths and Weaknesses: Seri is cold, calculating, and efficient. But he is also a defensive fighter that lacks great speed. He also lacks long-ranged combat capabilities. His aura is exceptional, if not specialized; he only uses it for defense. Additionally, because he is covered from neck-to-toe with armor, he is susceptible to electric-based attacks.

Last edited by Nitzlplix on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:36 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Wei Tzu
Site Founder

PostSubject: Re: Seri Novikov   Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:43 am

All right, well written, but a few questions.

One: What war was Seri's father in?

Two: How does Sonic Fang work? What powers the repulsion?

Three: Where's the written detail on his appearance (as Kail pointed out)? A picture as a visual aid is fine, but please don't let that be the only medium through which you convey these details in the profile, as this is a text-based RP.

Weiss Schnee
-I'm not perfect, but I can at least come close.
Ozpin
-Do not assume you can spot a monster based on appearances alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://into-shadows-rwby.forumotion.com
moonlitneko

PostSubject: Re: Seri Novikov   Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:44 pm

I like how well written it is, very detailed in some areas. But, Kazza and Wei, more written work in appearence would be appricated.

Also, I have a problem with the name, I took the liberty of looking up both the first and last name, and neither connect to a color. I actually could not find a meaning for the name Seri. If you could provide some evidence that the names have a connection to a color, I will let the matter go. However, if you cannot provide such evidence, I must ask you to change the name to something that involves a color in some way.

http://mirror-mirror-rwby.forumotion.com/
Here is the link to my forum, it is currently up and running.

I wish you all luck and to not worry bout me, this was my choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leopup13.deviantart.com/
Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Seri Novikov   Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:22 am

"Seryy" is the phonetic English spelling of the word "Grey" in Russian. I just changed the double y's to an 'i' so it looks neater. It's still pronounced the same way, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moonlitneko

PostSubject: Re: Seri Novikov   Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:47 am

Alright, I've looked it up and came out good. Thank you for clearing that up for me ^^ You're good to go for me.

Just add more details to the apperence and we're good to go

http://mirror-mirror-rwby.forumotion.com/
Here is the link to my forum, it is currently up and running.

I wish you all luck and to not worry bout me, this was my choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leopup13.deviantart.com/
Wei Tzu
Site Founder

PostSubject: Re: Seri Novikov   Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:50 am

I'd like a little more detail in his appearance (physique and such more than anything else) but otherwise, I'm good with it.

Approved.

Weiss Schnee
-I'm not perfect, but I can at least come close.
Ozpin
-Do not assume you can spot a monster based on appearances alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://into-shadows-rwby.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seri Novikov   

Back to top Go down

Seri Novikov
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: Into Shadows :: Character Information :: Profile Submission :: Approved Male Characters-
Jump to: