RWBY: Into Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: Into Shadows

The Grimm hordes ever encroach upon the kingdoms of Remnant, and it falls to academies such as Beacon to train the defenders of the realms.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It all comes down to this...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wei Tzu
Site Founder
Wei Tzu

It all comes down to this... Empty
PostSubject: It all comes down to this...   It all comes down to this... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 10:46 am

In RWBY Canon, there are a few points I noticed, and my mind went on connecting them to lead to a big, central idea that I hope to have as an overarching plot to this forum.

First, the points.

• The White Fang has (fairly) recently become a much more militant organization, actively targeting and attacking humans.

• Oppression of the Faunus people is widespread and well known, yet even the sympathizers do little to actually help them (See Yang's comment about how hard it must be to be a Faunus in Episode 11).

• Roman is ostensibly pulling the White Fang's strings for some reason, and he seems to be working for Cinder.

• The White Fang is stockpiling Dust.

These points led me to the conclusion that this could well be the buildup to a second Faunus War. I like this idea for the fact that it would undoubtedly allow for massive character growth, promote storytelling, and overall hopefully be fun to roleplay.
Back to top Go down
https://into-shadows-rwby.rpg-board.net
Brutus:Primus
Administrator
Brutus:Primus

PostSubject: Re: It all comes down to this...   It all comes down to this... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:02 am

I like this idea, man. I support it fully.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
moonlitneko

PostSubject: Re: It all comes down to this...   It all comes down to this... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 5:36 pm

I am in favor of this idea as well ^^
Back to top Go down
http://leopup13.deviantart.com/
Chess Nekota

Chess Nekota

PostSubject: Re: It all comes down to this...   It all comes down to this... Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 11:41 pm

Can't quiet agree with you on that completely. Now as far as I can tell, Roman is just about as discriminatory as you can get when it comes to the faunus. He was actually rather reluctant to work with them at all. In fact, it seems that rather than a mutual partnership, Roman, under the orders of Cinder, has been using the White Fang.

Now it does appear that the White Fang have some sort of mutual goal along with Roman, but that is very doubtingly a Second Faunus War, a FWII if you will. Not to say that there is no chance at all in a FWII to happen, I just wouldn't say Cinder and her cardboard cut-out friends are aiming for that themselves.

It can even be assumed that the White Fang are just working with them to steal dust simply out of spite to dust owners who use faunus labor, but that would be poor reason. It is possible though that maybe the dust is being collected to set-up a massive bombing. Cinder and Roman do seem to be a part of some terrorist group. Although considering the minimal knowledge we have on dust, many theories could be made.

Even so, I'd say if an FWII were to happen, it wouldn't be connected to Cinder or Roman's plan. Possibly, the White Fang may be getting some of the dust as collateral and will be using it to arm themselves for a FWII, but regardless I do not think Roman and Cinder have much to do with it, at least not all the way.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Site Founder
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: It all comes down to this...   It all comes down to this... Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 8:58 pm

Chess Nekota wrote:
Can't quiet agree with you on that completely. Now as far as I can tell, Roman is just about as discriminatory as you can get when it comes to the faunus. He was actually rather reluctant to work with them at all. In fact, it seems that rather than a mutual partnership, Roman, under the orders of Cinder, has been using the White Fang.

Wei Tzu wrote:
Roman is ostensibly pulling the White Fang's strings for some reason, and he seems to be working for Cinder.

I've already said as much, here. However, I also say that he's ostensibly pulling their strings, meaning it's just as possible the White Fang is using Roman for their own ends, as he's using them.

Chess Nekota wrote:
Now it does appear that the White Fang have some sort of mutual goal along with Roman, but that is very doubtingly a Second Faunus War, a FWII if you will. Not to say that there is no chance at all in a FWII to happen, I just wouldn't say Cinder and her cardboard cut-out friends are aiming for that themselves.

Nowhere do I state that bringing about the second faunus war is the goal Roman or Cinder is working toward. I only state that the points could well indicate the buildup to a second faunus war, not that it's the goal of the parties involved.

Chess Nekota wrote:
It can even be assumed that the White Fang are just working with them to steal dust simply out of spite to dust owners who use faunus labor, but that would be poor reason. It is possible though that maybe the dust is being collected to set-up a massive bombing. Cinder and Roman do seem to be a part of some terrorist group. Although considering the minimal knowledge we have on dust, many theories could be made.

Wei Tzu wrote:
The White Fang is stockpiling Dust.

Dust is a powerful, valuable resource. It's not something you stockpile without having a plan, and I don't think a massive bombing would be in mind, either, due to the many uses and variants Dust has. It was used to push back the Grimm, which were stated to have nearly snuffed out mankind in the past.

Chess Nekota wrote:
Even so, I'd say if an FWII were to happen, it wouldn't be connected to Cinder or Roman's plan. Possibly, the White Fang may be getting some of the dust as collateral and will be using it to arm themselves for a FWII, but regardless I do not think Roman and Cinder have much to do with it, at least not all the way.

See above, where I stated that the White Fang might be using Roman just as he seems to be using them. Roman and Cinder might not have much to do with a second Faunus War by their plans, but that doesn't say the White Fang can't factor them in.
Back to top Go down
https://into-shadows-rwby.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It all comes down to this...   It all comes down to this... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It all comes down to this...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: Into Shadows :: Welcome! :: Plot Ideas-
Jump to: