RWBY: Into Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: Into Shadows

The Grimm hordes ever encroach upon the kingdoms of Remnant, and it falls to academies such as Beacon to train the defenders of the realms.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ezekiel Akairo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Barkhorn
Alex Barkhorn

Ezekiel Akairo Empty
PostSubject: Ezekiel Akairo   Ezekiel Akairo Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:10 am

Character Info

Name: Ezekiel Akairo. Usually goes by Zeke.

Race: Human

Personality:  Zeke is a rather lively and spirited young man with a burning passion in his heart. Even as a child, he’s had a heart of gold, and a good head on his shoulders. He’s a very outgoing and incredibly charming young man, always eager to make friends. He’s also very brash, while he’s not always the first to start a fight, that doesn’t mean he’s the first to back down from one. His father taught him humility. Concerning his own feelings towards himself, he looks at himself as a person who still has a ways to grow, with a sort of modesty about himself.

Appearance:  Zeke stands at an impressive six feet, two inches tall, with a bronzed skin tone. His eyes are a deep blue in color. Because of his years of athleticism, he has a fairly well toned layer of muscle. He has jet black hair that's cut to a medium length in the back and on the sides, with messy spikes going up and slightly to the left side on top. He’s clean shaven, with a solid jaw line, and a slightly pointed chin. He also has a distinct “boxers nose” having caught too many strikes to that particular area of his face.

Representation: The Phoenix, common mythology.

Color: Red

Semblance: Comeback: When Zeke's Aura is depleted by half, his Aura kicks into overdrive and multiplies its normal effects, allowing greater efficiency.

Emblem: Two black wings with flames rising from the base.

Bio: Zeke was a good kid. His father was a retired boxer, now working as a factory supervisor in one of Schnee's Dust factories, and has a stay at home mom. Zeke was a good kid in school, but would often get in brawls with the neighborhood bullies who would pick on the helpless victims. His father saw all of this pent-up aggression and energy. He pulled out his old boxing equipment, and told Zeke whenever he felt angry, or anything of the sort, to beat on the punching bag. And he would. He then got curious as to why exactly, his father suddenly quit boxing in his younger days.
He would eventually convince his father to show him legitimate boxing at the local gym. While at the gym, his father was either greeted with welcoming smiles from the members, or sneers and mocking smirks of others. Whenever Zeke would question it, his father would never tell him why he quit boxing. All he would say is that he suddenly decided he didn't want to do it anymore.
He took to boxing like a fish took to water. And he loved the thrill of the exercise, though his scraps with local troublemakers didn't cease, only ended with more 'victories' and angry parents. Mom was upset, but dad would always high five him when mom left the room.
His father began allowing him actual matches with kids his age.r
One day as his grandfather was visiting, his curiosity got the better of him, and he asked why his father suddenly quit boxing.
To his surprise, his grandfather was also a boxer. A local favorite, in fact, and one of the reasons his father was a fighter. Zeke's father was on his way to the top, when a brash, arrogant up-and-comer slandered the name, saying Zeke's grandfather was far overrated, rising with luck and shoddy calls and inaccurate wins from judges. Zeke's father, angry and humiliated by the man's words, fought him in one of the largest boxing matches Vale had seen. His father fought well, but his aggression and his anger slowed him down, and he eventually lost the judges votes.
He was humiliated, and on such a public level, was terrified of even showing his face. He hung up his gloves, deciding to settle down, get a normal job, and a family of his own.
Zeke was utterly surprised at the news. But, it drove him. It lit a fire in his heart, and he began pushing himself at the gym.
When his father agreed, he began fighting against boys his age in small bouts. While Zeke clearly had a good punch, he didn’t always have what it takes. He would fight and fight, but with more losses than wins. His father told Zeke that with each defeat comes a lesson, and to grow with each loss. That when he loses a fight, it just gives him a lesson of what not to do in the next bout.
At age 11, his father agreed to let him fight another boy in a boxing match. Though, he was not aware that the boy he was to fight was the nephew of the man that had humiliated him all those years ago.
Zeke's father was furious, but not because of the insults and slander his old rival continued to spout at the weigh-in. But also, because he knew Zeke wanted to regain his father's honor, if through him. He told Zeke this wasn't the right thing, that he would accomplish nothing if he somehow did win; After all, he was still inexperienced. Zeke didn't care.
And, come fight night, suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of his rival.
Zeke's father continued to scold him, but, in all honesty, Zeke was happy. The pure rush he felt during the fight was like one he's never felt in his life. He knew, then and there, that fighting was in the Akairo name.
From his defeat, he rose up and kept fighting, ignoring the things that was said about him and his family. He no longer continued to fight for vengeance, or for honor. But rather, because he enjoyed it.
But something still felt empty. Like all of this fighting was being wasted. He got more matches, but it didn't fill the void. He began expanding his fighting skills, signing up for kickboxing, judo, karate, and even dabbled in capoeira. But it still didn't feel right. He knew all of this pent up fighting wasn't worth it.
Stupid kid as he was, when he was fourteen, he was a rather fit teenager. At the time, he stood at an impressive 5'7", and had a defined layer of muscle about him. He grabbed a red bandana/scarf from his drawer, and would put it on his face, becoming a vigilante of sorts. At first, it was simple brawls he would break up between drunken fools, or even stop the occasional petty thief.
He would have unexplained bruises and scrapes from his scuffles, and his parents would question him endlessly, but he lied, and told them they were nothing, from spars or from a fight with another kid. It felt good, to be a good person and help people. But that wasn't the right direction, and he knew it.
He had long heard stories of hunters, fighting for what was right, and what was good. But had he ever thought that maybe this was the proper direction for his ability to fight, and his persistence in finding a use for his violence?
Yes. But could he take the step? No. At least, not alone.
He talked about the idea with his parents. He said he doesn’t want to fight just to fight. That he wants to take this burning passion for fighting and aim it at something good. He then told his parents he was looking at Sanctum Academy, and really liked what they had to offer. Reluctant at first, they were proud of their child and his need to do good. They allowed him to enroll.
His time spent in Sanctum flew by, but it was no picnic. True, He had made countless friends, and got above average grades, but his fighting skills were put further to the test. He had no experience with any weapons other than his own two fists and his legs. It was as if he had started all over again, fighting at the bottom and struggling to keep his head up. Defeat after defeat, he began to think he was wasting his time. He was almost ready to pack up and go home, until he had visited his grandfather again.
“Never give up. Never give in. And never back down.”
That’s what his grandfather said. Zeke took this to heart, and began pushing himself. He began exceeding his limits. Even when his body would tell him to stop, he would force himself to stand back up in sparring matches, and, win or lose, he never gave in until he was completely and utterly defeated. His combat grades began to level out. He had the passion, and he had the strength, but he had finally gained what he would learn fighting would all be about: He had heart. He had the will to persevere, and to fight.
His eyes set on the prize, he put in for Beacon, and was completely excited to find that he was accepted.
He doesn’t feel that pit anymore. He’s happy with what he’s doing, and he’s glad he’s able to put his violence to use, and able to make the world safer.

Equipment and Battle Info

Battle attire: Starting from the top, Zeke has a red bandana with black trim hanging on his neck, that he’ll pull up to cover his mouth when fighting. He wears a slimming black tanktop with a red hoodie over it, though both sleeves are ripped off. The zipper and laces inside the hood are both white in color. On each hand is a pair of metal plated fingerless combat gloves, made of black leather. Holding up his black jeans is a red belt, in the style to make it look like it was a seatbelt at some point. On his feet are black steel-toed combat boots. On both his left and right belt loop is a silver metallic cuff, which is actually his weapon.

Fighting style: Ezekiel enters combat mode, and it's hard to get him out. He tends to not snap out of a fight until he knows his opponent is down for the count. His attacks are usually planned quickly, and executed just as fast, usually wearing out stronger opponents with quick jabs and hooks. Less hostile or less dangerous foes will often go down with fast, rapid, and brutal kicks and punches that aim for a one-hit-KO.

Weapon Name: Igne Escensio

Weapon Range: Short

Weapon type: Metallic cestus' and greaves.

Weapon Description: There are two, small silver and red cuffs hanging off his left and right belt loops. He will unbuckle them and toss them up, throwing his wrists out and causing the cuffs to snap on. When they do, the metal spreads and covers his hands and arms up to his elbow. For his greaves, he'll kick his heel down, causing the metal from his boots to spread and do the same, ending at the shin just below his knee. The metal is a deep silver with tints of blazing red.

Weapon Abilities: Both the cestus' and greaves have reverse exhaust ports that he uses to give extra torque and force to his punches and kicks. It can be loaded with energy propellant dust, but he has yet to experiment with any elemental dust. When using the propellant, the exhaust emits burning flames. Though, that's mainly for show, and can't ignite much of anything.

Misc. Info

Family: His family back home. They'll often write him. Other than that, he doesn't have any family attending the school.

Strengths and Weaknesses: Zeke's strength comes from his boxing background. He's able to soak up a decent amount of damage like a sponge. But, it's a double edges sword. Once he reaches his threshold, it takes a sudden turn, and he'll often be very slowed by the amount of damage he's taken.
Emotionally, he's rather strong willed, albeit a bit stubborn. It's often hard for Zeke to back down from something, or for him to take a hint. He's weak when it comes to his humility. Like most things, he's able to take a torrent of jabs and barbs directed as jokes from his peers. But, he can also reach a threshold with how much of his flaws and failures being pointed out. When he feels he's being attacked, he'll retreat into a sarcastic and apathetic shell.

Other: Due to his parents raising him to be polite, he will always introduce himself as "Ezekiel Akairo." But, he would really rather be called Zeke, and rarely points that out to anyone, save for the occasional, "but call me Zeke."

Last edited by Alex Barkhorn on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://remixedwriter.tumblr.com
moonlitneko

Ezekiel Akairo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Akairo   Ezekiel Akairo Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:50 am

I do not see how the name connects to a color. I looked up Ezekiel, it means 'The Strength of God' in many languages. However, Akairo has no meaning. So, where is the connection to a color?

I think you forgot something in the history, with the line here -
-
His father began allowing him actual matches with kids his age. Naturally, Zeke thought of it as another
-
What goes after 'another'?

Other than those two facts, I see no problem with him. Please explain the color in the name, so that I understand and include whatever it was you planned after the another.

Back to top Go down
http://leopup13.deviantart.com/
Alex Barkhorn
Alex Barkhorn

Ezekiel Akairo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Akairo   Ezekiel Akairo Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:10 am

Fixed the first issue. I think my plan was to add a little tidbit, but I hit a dead spot, and moved on. So, I just took it out altogether.
Akairo (赤色) is Japanese for red, or red colored.
Back to top Go down
http://remixedwriter.tumblr.com
moonlitneko

Ezekiel Akairo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Akairo   Ezekiel Akairo Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:17 am

Alright, after being given a language for Akairo, it sounded Japanese to me but I could not be so sure, I looked it up once more and found the same result you gave me. It works for me.

And I understand, I have moments like that with my writing as well.

Anyway, all looks good to me now.

RECOMMENDED
Back to top Go down
http://leopup13.deviantart.com/
Brutus:Primus
Administrator
Brutus:Primus

Ezekiel Akairo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Akairo   Ezekiel Akairo Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 am

All looks to be in order

ACCEPTED.

(Also, nice to have you here, Alex.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Sponsored content

Ezekiel Akairo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Akairo   Ezekiel Akairo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ezekiel Akairo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: Into Shadows :: Character Information :: Profile Submission :: Approved Male Characters-
Jump to: