RWBY: Into Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: Into Shadows

The Grimm hordes ever encroach upon the kingdoms of Remnant, and it falls to academies such as Beacon to train the defenders of the realms.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Darcil Naperns

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darcil

Darcil

Darcil Naperns Empty
PostSubject: Darcil Naperns   Darcil Naperns Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Character Info

Name: Darcil Naperns

Race:Human

Personality: Usually calm and collective, can act brash and jokingly. He is friendly, but doesn't get very personal with others. Mainly due to the fact he is scared to lose them. Hunting grimm usually puts him in a rather good mood due to his fond memories of learning with his mentor, Rucks. He acts more sympathetic towards younger troublemakers, since he can sympathize as to why they committed a crime in order to survive. When it comes to bounties he is after, he usually acts cocky towards them. Overall though he shows no mercy in letting them go. He never knows when the next bounty will have information on this "Zulf", also its his side job. A man has to eat.

Appearance: 6 foot tall, thick bushy black hair with black goatee, Green eye, black eye patch covering his left eye. He is well built weighing in at around 165. He has A palish tone of skin (Caucasian). Around where his eyepatch is you can notice some of the claw marks from the beowolf. No other scaring is noticable other than that.

Representation: Wild Bill Hickok- Old western gun slinger ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Bill_Hickok )

Color: Napier Green

Semblance: His semblance applies directly to his reaction time. He has the ability to perceive time differently. Take note he is NOT actually slowing down time he just perceives everything around him much more quickly and process it better. Rather it be dodging a thrown knife to him, pulling out his weapon to draw, or analyzing a room before he attacks. He gets a nosebleed whenever he uses this semblance.

Emblem: Black Background with a silver blade and revolver crossing each other.

Bio:Darcil from a young age never had a family. His parents left him on the doorstep of one of the orphanages located in the city. Didn't matter though, he ran away at a young age. He defended himself, stole, did whatever it took to survive.

He was filled with so much hate as a child. He hated the citizens who smiled, enjoying their money in their pockets. He hated the scum that lived off of killing and ruining others lives. He hated not having parents. He hated.........living essentially. He didn't know why, but he just kept surviving. He was nothing, trash, garbage.

Then one day he notices a man walking around....with his wallet sticking out of his back pocket. He had done this time and time again. "Pick pocketing was easy!" He thought to himself. This guy was just asking for it! As he approaches the man from behind he reaches out to grab his wallet, only to get his arm grabbed by him just before he grabs it. The man looks at the young boy and only smiles, gets down on his knee and offers the young Darcil some food and drink at a local diner.

Stubborn as the kid was he refuses, only to accept after his stomach gurgles. This is how Darcil would meet his mentor Rucks. Rucks took in the boy and lived with him out in his cabin outside of vale. He taught him manners, how to hunt, right and wrong, how to fight. Rucks taught him the art of the duelist, the art of one on one combat. Rucks used a revolver named Black Ice, when it came for Darcil to make his own weapon he fittingly named it White Snow.

One day while Darcil was out gathering wood for the fire, he heard shots coming from his home. He ran home to find 3 beowolfs eating away at the only family he had. Enraged he pulled out his weapon, gunning down the monsters. Not before though one of the grimm took out his left eye. He sat next to his only family member as he said his last words "......Zulf....".

Something didn't add up how did such a skilled fighter get taken out so easily? Why would beowolfs come so close to the cabin, they never had before? WHO IS ZULF!?

Darcil buried Rucks. Took his mentor's revolver and headed to beacon, to train to kill grimm and search for unanswered questions.

Equipment and Battle Info

Battle attire: Wears a dark trench-coat over a Napier green colored chest plate. Has a black handgun holder on his right side that holds his 2 guns at waist level. Black boots with Napier lining on them, and simple pair of jeans.

Fighting style: dual wielding, duelist

Weapon Name: White Snow and Black Ice

Weapon Range: Close to Mid

Weapon type: Revolver/ Swords

Weapon Description: White snow is a bright silver colt revolver, Black Ice is similar but is instead black.
( http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111024235418/trigun/images/7/78/Trigun_others0003.jpg )

Weapon Abilities: Typical revolver, packs a punch. By pressing a button near the trigger and then moving the handle straight, the guns can be turned into longswords.

Misc. Info

Family: No Family, only one is deceased

Strengths and Weaknesses: Agile and despite having only one eye, he has gotten used to aiming his weapons. Excellent in one on one combat, usually unmatched sense he was trained as a duelist. Never know though when someone may be harder to fight. Ambidextrous. Having two weapons allows to fight multiple enemies slightly easier

Only real area of protection is on his chest piece. Leaving most of his other areas of his body exposed. Field of view is limited with only one eye. His main strengths rely on his gun skills rather than his sword skills, as he is not as effective in that mode. Also having 2 guns can take some time to reload. No real long range combat other than taking time to make a shot. Also smoking.....its a bad habit he should quit.

Other:

Last edited by Darcil on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
moonlitneko

Darcil Naperns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darcil Naperns   Darcil Naperns Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 pm

I would prefer a little more detail in apperence, I can somewhat visualize him but stuff such as his skin tone, body build and other aspects to his features, would be a great addition to his appearence.

Other than that, I see no real problems with his profiles. So, edit his appearence with more detail and I will be sure to give my recommendation.
Back to top Go down
http://leopup13.deviantart.com/
Darcil

Darcil

Darcil Naperns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darcil Naperns   Darcil Naperns Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:20 am

Edited with some more details including, weight, build, skin tone, and some scarring.
Back to top Go down
moonlitneko

Darcil Naperns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darcil Naperns   Darcil Naperns Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 1:02 am

I can see him more clearly now, good work on adding some more detail. It would be best to put his clothing into the 'battle attire' section instead of appearence. You can do that any time you want though. And with that, you have my recommendation.

RECOMMENDED
Back to top Go down
http://leopup13.deviantart.com/
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

Darcil Naperns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darcil Naperns   Darcil Naperns Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 5:33 am

Aside from a few grammatical errors, everything seems in order. I like that he does have an overarching story attached to his character that can be used later for a plot; I wish more people would do that.

There are a few things I'd like to ask/bring up, though. Why is Darcil merciless towards criminals? Since he was shown mercy by his mentor as a young street urchin, I would think he would understand more than most the gray area of crimes of necessity.

Also, his color scheme is largely black & silver. The only thing that's green are his eyes. Being his color, I figured there should be more of it on him. I'm familiar with the specific color tone of Napier Green and it looks pretty good on metal surfaces. Maybe have his chest plate be that color? Or the misc metal trims on his boots. Just something to think about.

Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

Darcil Naperns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darcil Naperns   Darcil Naperns Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 6:21 am

Edited personality a tad to help clear up his thoughts towards bounties, and sympathizing with street urchins. Also took your advice on the color scheme.

Thanks for the criticisms!
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

Darcil Naperns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darcil Naperns   Darcil Naperns Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:00 am

Looks good.

Recommended
Back to top Go down
Brutus:Primus
Administrator
Brutus:Primus

Darcil Naperns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darcil Naperns   Darcil Naperns Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:06 am

Two recommendations? Alright, that's enough proof for me.

ACCEPTED.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Sponsored content

Darcil Naperns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darcil Naperns   Darcil Naperns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darcil Naperns
Page 1 of 1